Don't scroll, search for it here...

Conjolted Poetry

Conjolted Poetry

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Identity crisis



Tablighi bin Bomber

I,

Identity Crisis #Conjolted
In a bombshell, are an insecurity for my identity.
I,
In my thawb appear to be strapped with hand made explosives
I,
"In my beard," hide knives to stab my enemy
I,
Adopted a name that sparks fear and makes them pensive.
I,
Have witnessed name turn from identity to criminality.
I,
Can testify that image is a fallacy to what is me.
I,
Plea guilty of expressing self in a manner mistaken as "societal identity"
I,
Am ruh and not the embodiment of that which they see.
I,
Sadly can not reveal soul to man...

Rich bin poor.

I,
In a bungalow am a king with a crown made of quills like a quail.
I,
In knitted cloth am a poor man slim fitted among the rich.
I,
Am painted rich as the malted lager named ales,
I,
Am a king on a chess board being pushed by my subjects to reach.
I,
On a thin line am a poor man living on the edge of a cliff
I,
In reality am an heir to an illusion of wealth,
I,
Painted as ale are drunk as hell with joy for appearing to be a rich motif,
I,
Am edgy as I take advantage of this wealth in stealth,
I,
gladly will not reveal soul to man.

Waste man bin Rasta.

I,
Laced with nutty dread ina me head are dreadful
I,
With dirt brown dread are "dirty" yet merely quirky!
I,
Smoking spilff are therefore thief yet not a grief tool
I,
Won't cut mi hair therefore rebellious and naughty..
I,
Sing a sweet song fi di herb of peace called chalice.
I,
Therefore praise and worship the highest grade
I,
Know king selassie as they know Jesus down in Venice
I,
Like the Tablighi keep me dread fi di rastafarai movement and trade
I,
Relentlessly serve me soul with serenity.

Harlot bint Hawa.
I,
Gave into sin to feed my yarning empty tummy
I,
Do not deceive with false identity to try to achieve
I,
In high slit on night shift are dressed to tempt thee
I,
Am prey to temptation of the apple(sweet life) like my mother Eve
I,
Left torn down house to work till dawn to give my kids a home.
I,
Am a skimpy skirt; seductive, naughty, and straight to the point.
I,
Aid false needs of those with greed that call me a whore.
I,
Am a trader as if a seller of pork at a pork joint...
I,
Verily seek peace for my heart and soul.


We are who we are, what they say we are, and what we think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment