Don't scroll, search for it here...

Conjolted Poetry

Conjolted Poetry

Thursday 14 January 2016

Carry me

Carry me, carry me, carry me,
do not leave me behind,
I am immobile on my own;
a train without tracks,
a boat with no sea,
I am choreographed with you in my heart and mind,
to script the pages of my life,
and the lives of those around me
that my mere eyes cannot see without you.
You are my muse, my demeanour;
an elaboration of craft in fact-
the breath that is my soul,
blown into me when God gave me the kiss of life.

Carry me, carry me, carry me.
not on your back, no!
From there I will fall.,
for even if you wrapped cloth around me,
and carried me like an African mummy,
I'd break your back and you'd let me be,
so place me in your sea and let your tides guide me,
let them rise and fall with me after all;
the winds are a reminder of God and they are our guidance...
Just don't leave me for dead by the shore,
I am like a fish and you are water; my elixir.
So consume me like the Bermuda,
till they ask if ill come back but ill be home;
in Atlantis where imagination is the air that I breath.

Carry me, carry me, carry me!
For I am like a child,
someone or something will adopt me,
and forever I will be lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment