Don't scroll, search for it here...

Conjolted Poetry

Conjolted Poetry

Friday 21 February 2014

Arranged love

I did not line my ducks to get you,
they say our star signs were aligned.

I did not know anything about you;
so much for falling in love with a stranger.

At the start your habits made me morbid,
yet I too carry flaws that some consider horrid.

They asked me to find happiness in you,
and at night, I was to sleep and cuddle with you,.

yet you snore all night, it makes me want to fight,
and if that wasn't awkward, we were meant to have kids.

I bestowed my faith into you,
and hoped you wouldn't seek to be worshipped.

I placed my trust in you,
kept praying you would't step all over it.

This was not love at first sight,
it was a gambled set up prone to plight.

I did not choose you,
You are the one I chose to love.

I did not love you,
I just learnt to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment