Don't scroll, search for it here...

Conjolted Poetry

Conjolted Poetry

Sunday 25 January 2015

LOUDER!

LOUDER!

I hear a beat on every street,
from radios in shops selling sweets,
to persons walking by with stereo radios,
or headsets locked in like oreos.

As I try to lay my head to sleep,
a loud base thumps to a beat.
when I'm part dead and fast asleep,
an alarm pulls me back onto my feet.

Speakers, headsets, and headphones
deliver possessive melodies n beats,
that sink in and make us sing along
or to the beat someone shuffles feet...

Heads bob to songs in resonance,
hearts feel the real in lyrics,
minds are ruled by music,
music is fore front in these streets.

The world's getting louder by the hour.
Sometimes I wonder if I should cower
over these trumpets that move our feet,
as we move swiftly to the final hour?



No comments:

Post a Comment